GRAPHIC DESIGN PROFESSIONAL
Award-winning graphic designer, with an eye towards the beautiful, original, and unusual driving brand awareness. Proven ability at conceptualizing new ideas and thinking outside the box to create memorable impressions. Expertise working with and meeting tight deadlines. Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign for the web and print. Intermediate CSS, HTML and Flash. Work on Mac and PC platform.
Miller Carney Miller Design Studio, 1991 – present
PRINCIPAL DESIGNER/OWNER, GRAPHIC DESIGNER/ILLUSTRATOR
Design services including branding, marketing, web design and illustration. Sample client list includes:
- Currently working part-time as a graphic designer for the Everett Herald
- Consultant and web designer for Rick Anderson (www.byobwebsite.com) specializing in customizing Thesis theme for WordPress, examples: BobSullivan.net, Blue Ribbon Electric, IntelliGreen Partners, ElanaWinsberg, Relief App by Robin Layton
- Maintain blog and social media and graphic designer for Robin Layton Photography
- Microsoft Windows 8 group illustrating UI for new products
- Globetrotter Grant website design
- Friendly Foam Shop, Seattle, WA.
- Stitches (in Seattle) branding
- msn.com story illustrations
- Designed, illustrated, and produced children’s activity booklet, Edmonds Museum
- Designed, produced Arboretum Guidebook (Kimberly Mills), Washington Park Arboretum
- Designed Chips Shots, (a book of photos and essays about the annual motorcyclists rendezvous in Sturgis, SD) for Sally Tonkin
msnbc.com, Redmond, WA, 1996-2010
SENIOR GRAPHICS EDITOR
Designed and produced covers, illustrations, and graphics for all sections
- Designed branding and pages for “The Elkhart Project”, a groundbreaking editorial initiative which won the prestigious National Press Club award.
- Designer for Big Picture: The Academy Awards, recognized by Society for News Design, Best of New Media.
- Branding for many years of The Year in Pictures
- Designed and produced show fronts, such as Cooking School on Today, A Woman’s Nation, Today Wedding and Today Moms.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Seattle, WA, 1991-1996
Produced feature illustrations, maps, charts and info-graphics
- Designed section fronts and special sections such as Getaways outdoors sections, What’s Happening arts, entertainment covers
- Art directed P-I News for Kids, working with children and freelance artist to create fun, informative, innovative occasional special sections
- Collaborated with photographers on Home/Garden and Spring Fashion special sections for exceptional photos and layouts
San Francisco Examiner, Graphic designer, page designer, illustrator.
Dallas Times Herald, Advertising department. Worked with sales staff to build ads for newspaper clients before joining the Editorial Art department.
Corley Design Studio, San Angelo, Texas. Working in all aspects of advertising, ads, brochures. Creating grocery store weekly circulars and Hemphill Wells illustrated advertisement.
Rio Airways, station manager, ticket agent, lost luggage service
Hemphill Wells, sales associate and window dresser
B.A., Fine Arts, English minor
Angelo State University, San Angelo, TX
Lynda.com’s CSS, Flash and variety of online tutorials. Attended Bellevue Community College for CSS and Flash. Seattle Central Community College focusing on CSS and Web development.